Friday, July 13, 2007

I know....its a long time coming. So we give you two for the price of one.

** This post is not "finished" in a sense. It has been sitting here in our unpublished blog section since August and I'm sick of it sitting there. So, I'm going to post it and let that be that. Really, the only thing of note that you should know about these two recipes is that they tasted fine, the beef dish tasted like Hamburger Helper without having to use a box of Hamburger Helper, and the green beans weren't as good as the usual green bean casserole, but still weren't bad. We both ate and were full. The most important thing that happened that night is we obtained our first Polyester Gourmets injury. That's right, Laura burned her finger, and screamed like a bitch, which in turn scared the crap out of me and I think I screamed too. My cat was very annoyed and confused. Now, I leave it to you to follow the pictures and fill in for yourself what happened throughout the night. much love - Ashley**


First, let me say that both Argie and I apologize profusely for the extended absence of a recipe. However, we feel that we had good reason. We actually did BOTH of these recipes a long time ago, so you'll have to forgive us if some of the details are a bit fuzzy. We've both been on vacation, both been readying to move to new cities( more about that later) and have been giving our notice to work and interviewing. (Pray that we both find something good in our respective new locations!)


Secondly, I'm apologizing beforehand for the poor quality of the pictures. I'm not a professional photographer, with professional equipment. We're lucky I've moved to a digital camera.

First things first....the sour cream. Let me just tell you, I don't know what it is about the stuff....but the people in the 70s loved this stuff. Practically every recipe has some sour cream in it. Which I guess is better than mayonnaise....but still not great.


So we mixed the butter and the sour cream together.











Now, its time for the cream of chicken soup.








No comments: